Friday, September 12, 2008

"Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge..."


Well, Archbishop Niederauer has invited Mrs. Pelosi in for a chat. Somehow, I don't envision Mrs. Pelosi leaving that meeting proclaiming "I've seen the light!". Seems to me that there would be some highly nuanced and carefully worded statement regarding "dialogue" - that favorite word of the Enemies of the Church.

Of course, the National Catholic Distorter weighs in on it, complete the required liberal opinion of a couple of dissenters ( Reese and O'Brien ).
Here's what David J. O’Brien, professor emeritus of Catholic studies at Holy Cross College had to say : “It shows some willingness to have dialogue,” O’Brien said. “There’s been movement to make the bishops’ role primarily one of teacher, his job is to proclaim. This shows a willingness to listen, I hope. Bishops should be having a conversation with their church.”

Link to the article : http://ncronline3.org/drupal/?q=node/1784

Gee, and I thought their primary job WAS to teach. Maybe I didn't pay attention in my late-70's "theology" class at Bishop Liberal High School...

6 comments:

Michele said...

ms pelosi doesn't have a clue about anything. sigh...

Paul Nichols said...

Oh, I think she has a clue, Marilena, it's just that evil always tries to hide itself.

Anonymous said...

Hello Paul, Just to thank you for allowing me to use two of your cartoons in my most recent blog. Your cartoons are worth a thousand words! I seem to remember on one of your recent blogs, that you stated that you had recently injured your arm. If that is the case, best wishes for a speedy recovery. WSA

paramedicgirl said...

That's a great cartoon!

Paul Nichols said...

Thanks Paramedic!

And yes, WhiteSmoke, I'm still in recovery. Little by little...

Anonymous said...

Good articles , this article make some interesting points.

Churches Catholic information