Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hockey is the perfect Catholic sport


Taking a break to celebrate the beauty of the NHL Playoffs, I present to you the following:
---------------------------------------------------
Why Hockey is the perfect Catholic Sport:
- The penalty box is called the "Sin Bin"
- If you do something really bad, it's a given that some serious
temporal punishment is coming your way.
- The gravity of your offense determines your time in the penalty box.
- They have a penalty called cross-checking.
- A Zamboni is like a "confession-mobile"; it cleans theice of all
imperfections between periods.
- Blood is shed regularly.
And the #1 reason that Hockey is the perfect Catholic sport is:
- When you win it all, you get the "CUP".
--------------------------------------------------

Log onto www.NHL.com and revel in the knuckle-bustin' fun!

7 comments:

Mark Tan said...

a Catholic sport indeed.. In Malaysia, it's not a popular sport, there may be some re-runs on ESPN, but that's about it.. but, I would love to learn to play one day.. hehe.. ps.. I like mighty ducks..=)

Paul Nichols said...

It's a blast, Mark. Of course, I root for the Capitals, so I know all about heartache and agony...

paramedicgirl said...

I'm from Canada, so it's a given that I'm a hockey lover. Go Vancouver!!!

Anonymous said...

You betcha! Go Canucks Go!!!

Paul Nichols said...

I'm watching the Canucks, too, since they have Linden and Bulis - two guys who played briefly for the Caps.

Father Jay Toborowsky said...

Paul, First I inspire a cartoon (meat police), now I'm inspired by a cartoon. I've been a fan of hockey for years and I've even started playing old-timers hockey for a few months now. I've posted your cartoon on my blog. Thanks.

Paul Nichols said...

Hi Fr. Jay, I saw that over the weekend. Stay safe in the rink - I can just picture a homily by the "hockey priest" - telling us all to love thy neighbor while sporting a black eye and a couple of missing teeth! Yeeha!